In this blog, Graham’s is going to showcase 5 great ideas for your bedroom blinds. Whether you like a luxurious look and modern technology, or you need something basic and cost effective, there is something for a homeowner like you!
As you will discover, blinds or shades are available in a wide variety of styles! This blog only touches on a few of the most popular and the most time-tested window treatments. Contact a Graham’s expert to learn even more about what’s available for your bedroom blinds. Or, browse and click through our list below and then get your free in-home consultation to get started!
1. Duette® Honeycomb Shades
If you need a dark room for a good night’s sleep and energy efficiency – plus you want something uber-easy to control, this is a winning choice for your bedroom blinds! Duette Honeycomb Shades from Hunter Douglas, a modern type of blind, is recommended because of the following features:
- Light Control: Light Filtration Fabric + Room Darkening Fabric in 1
- LightLock™: A side-channel system to prevent light from entering
- Flexibility: A variety of fabrics available for different window types
- Energy Efficiency: Uniquely-shaped cellular pockets trap air to help regulate your home’s temperature
- Automation: The LightLock™ system is available with LiteRise® and PowerView® Automation – Technology to the rescue when you are exhausted!
2. Sunset Shades by Maxxmar
Maxxmar Sunset Shades are another winning option for bedroom blinds. If you are convinced after watching the video, here are some reasons why we recommend these shades:
- Ultimate Light Control: Control your blinds for that perfect combination of light and privacy
- Flexibility: Extensive and modern fabrics to choose from
- Motorization: Choose from 2 types of motorization: MaxxMotor & Somfy (Child-Safe)
- Condo Appeal: These blinds conform to condominium regulations because of their uniformity and street-side appeal.
If you like the luxurious look of drapery but want or need the easy operation of blinds, Roman Blinds may be for you. Featured above are Hunter Douglas’s VIGNETTE® Modern Roman Shades. Here’s what makes them a great choice for bedroom blinds:
- Beauty: You can choose from beautiful and rich fabrics that can be sheer, light-filtering, or room darkening. Hunter Doulgas offers blinds in materials like silk, linens and even natural weaves for a warm and natural look.
- Versatility: You can get your roman blinds for windows that have specialty shapes. You can also pair your roman blinds with drapes for grand statement.
- Duolite®: Duolite Shades combine light-filtering or sheer front shades with a built-in room-darkening back panel, so you don’t have to go searching for another matching blackout blind.
4. Wood Blinds
Wood Blinds like Parkland Wood Blinds by Hunter Douglas are another lovely option for your bedroom blinds. They offer that time-tested and natural look. Here are some other reasons to choose traditional wood blinds for your room:
- Versatile: Choose from painted styles to warm wood stains. And get these blinds for specialty-shaped windows, too!
- Easy to Control: Simply tilt the blinds to control light and open them manually or with the help of LiteRise®, an operating system without the cords or PowerView®, an automated system that works with smartphones, tablets or a remote.
- Easy to Clean: Simply dust your blinds or give them a wipe with a clean cloth.
- Socially Responsible: Wood Blinds like the ones featured above by Hunter Douglas are harvested from responsibly managed forests. Plus, when you purchase these blinds, you help preserve trees and the rainforest.
5. Vertical Blinds
If you have patio doors in your bedroom, chances are you would like a type of vertical blind. Above are two available styles from Maxxmar. We included the MaxxValue PVC Blinds for those of you who are looking for something more cost-effective, particularly since you have more area to coverage and treatments for doors will generally cost more than for window treatments. Click here to see the vertical blinds available from Maxxmar.
Vertical Blinds are usually operated with a wand that you pull to the side to open your blinds. Tilting mechanisms are usually in place to adjust the amount of light that filters in, unless you choose something like the Opera Eleganza Blinds which will reguire a blind or other shade to block out light.
Graham's & Son Interiors
Whatever your style, budget, or the type of window (or door) you are treating, there are the perfect bedroom blinds for everyone. With the help of a Graham’s expert, discover what your perfect is.
Located in Cambridge, Ontario, Graham’s has over 40 years of experience in interior design and window treatments. They will help you update and transform your home -and make it more comfortable, too. Contact them today for a free consultation and take advantage of their Buy 2 Get 1 Free deal!